Thursday, October 25, 2012

For the Record

This totally dates me, but I remember when a record store actually had records! 
We were perusing through a thrift store the other day and ran across a pile of old 33 records. Since they were just 10 cents a piece, we loaded up. I have no way of playing these relics but I thought surely we could find something to do with them.



After cruising the internet and racking my "Mommy Brain", we decided to make some record bowls. They ended up being perfect storage containers for cars and trains.

Here's what we did:
Pre-heat  your oven to 200*. Use a cookie sheet and place a glass cup or oven safe glass in the center. Put the record on top of the glass.


Place the whole thing in the oven for about 6-7 minutes. This time may vary. I made several bowls and the times were different for all. It is ready to be removed when all the sides are drooping. Remove from the oven and place the record in a large metal bowl. I used a candy tin to press the record into the bowl slightly and then shaped the folds with my hand. It was not to hot to touch and it cools rather quickly so try to work fast.

I don't know who Eddy Arnold is but his record made a really neat storage container for Little Mister's small toys!


3 comments:

  1. How creative! I have tons of old records from my childhood that I purchased with my grandparents. Some of the records hold fond memories and are keepsakes but others I have no clue what to do with. Perhaps I will make some records bowls as well! Thanks for linking up to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post thanks for share information.

    abhiram astrology center. Best Astrologer In kimberley

    ReplyDelete